Wednesday, May 2, 2018

New Google Pixel Buds will change the world as we know it!


One day I was in my entrepreneurship class and our teacher showed us a very interesting and innovative new product that is currently available in the market. This product is basically a pair of wireless headphones that allow two people who speak two completely different languages to communicate in real time. The product works through an app that lets one person speak and the ear bud will translate that into the selected language for the other person listening and vise versa. This product is known as the pilot ear buds by Waverly labs.

After doing more research I found out that the dominate company Google has also created a translating ear piece. This blog will focus on Google's Pixel Buds because I believe these will be more popular than the Pilot ear buds.  The video below demonstrates how the Google pixel buds work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_DtGgovjc

The videos goes in depth by explaining all of the new Google Pixel Bud features. These features include simple pausing and changing of volume by tapping and swiping the ear bud, send messages and make calls. These advanced headphones have up to 40 different languages. These headphones are currently available for purchase. The headphones came out in November and are available for $159. Although, these headphones are not 100 percent wireless due to there being a cable that connects the two and is necessary to power them. This can be seen as a pro since having just small ear buds can be easy to lose as seen in Apple's Air Pods.

The following article explains how these headphones are the start of something great. The article states that there are a few errors when using the translating feature but the article continues to say that this is only the first version, as time goes on there will be improved versions until these are used all around the world!





https://www.vogue.com/article/google-pixel-buds-translation-travel

4 comments:

  1. Matt, I found your blog to be extremely interesting as I had no clue this product was on the market. This is amazing technology to me and I was surprised to hear the relatively low price for such a high tech product. I can see these being especially helpful when people are taking business/leisure trips around the world. The only question I have would be in regards to their accuracy and speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt,

    I saw an article on these a few weeks back on a different company. I think these ear buds are amazing and an absolute game changer especially at only a price of $159. Here is a cool video of the ear buds in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHfevDUMK4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,

    I really like your post about these new headphones that are available. This can really bring a multitude of different benefits throughout the world. It will definitely help the language barrier that is found throughout our world. It will also allow people to effectively assimilate to different cultures and ideologies and help us learn a lot from people that experience a different world on a day to day basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I had no idea these existed, amazing to know. I wonder how accurate the technology can translate slang. Ian's video up top really shows the capabilities of this device.

    ReplyDelete