One example of blockchain's multidimensional usage is in video content sharing. Prior to the blockchain invasion, video content sharing sites like Netflix, HBO, and Amazon dominated the means for sharing and viewing video content like television shows, movies, and streams. And with respect to these vendors, they still dominate this industry. However, experts claim that as blockchain technology becomes the norm and people adapt to the variety of uses that blockchain can offer, it is highly likely that the need for a centralized sharing site will diminish.
Furthermore, blockchain technology will become the norm for almost all internet transactions, ranging from video content sharing to authentication of voter's identity. This technology will undoubtedly improve the means of internet usage, as security measures can expand to all internet users, ensuring that the validity of content as well as the source of where the content was found. As blockchain technology becomes more widely accepted, it will surely alter the way we use the internet.
Questions:
- Can you think of somethings that blockchain technology can improve?
- How likely are you to accept blockchain validation of content?
Great post Jackson, I think I am personally very likely to accept block chain validation of content because as you stated, block chain will improve the means of internet usage. To touch on your first question i cant really think of a way blockchain could improve, I will dig deeper to try to figure out a way in which they can
ReplyDeleteI think blockchain technology can help improve education distribution. Many kids and even adults can be disadvantaged by where they live. I think a decentralized virtual learning system could enhance the teaching imbalance in the society.
ReplyDeleteI would consider accepting blockchain validation of content. I want to to how this technology evolves more though.
I completely agree with you! It's crazy that our education system is so segregated. Hopefully using blockchain in technology can reduce the price of education and create more equity! However, I would also concern blockchain technology can expose children content that are not supposed to view!
DeleteHi Jackson,
ReplyDeleteI recently was at a case competition in Minnesota where I listened to a speaker talking about using block chain in the agriculture industry to improve process time for deliveries. I not quite sure how it exactly works but it is crazy how a technology can be leveraged in so many industries!
I read an article on how South Korea is not making all of its governments public records blockchain to increase transparency real time to its people. This is one of the coolest implementations I have seen yet. Thought I might share!
ReplyDelete